NEW: A major revision is in place for further sound quality refinement (2011 rev).
NEW: A standard unit now build with 2 STAX headphone outputs. The HE90 output is optional.
Woo Audio has produced an amplifier that maximizes the distinctive attributes of a benchmark headphone, the Stax SR-009, and, as a result, we have to consider the Woo WES a benchmark design in its own right. - AV Guide.
I don't mean to sound overly dramatic, but the WES is one of those break through products that leaves you wondering about the future of high-end audio.
* Normal build time is 1 to 2 weeks.
* Included tubes:
1 quad of EL34 (power), 1 quad of 6SL7 (driver),
2 5AR4 (rectifiers), 2 12AU7 (phase splittor)
* PSU to AMP power supply cord is included.
* AC power supply cord, interconnection cable are not included
* Shopping cart applies to the U.S. buyers only. International buyers please contact for shipping cost and payment instruction
* From a cold start, the dual power switch protects the tubes from a high current surge. Turning on just one of the power switches provides low voltage to the heaters while the unit remains in stand-by mode. Turning on both power switches allows the unit to function properly.
Parts upgrade 1:
V-Cap inter-stage coupling caps $1470
V-Cap Teflon Film Tin Foil reference grade audio capacitors
Parts upgrade 2:
V-Cap output coupling capacitors $430
V-Cap Oil Impregnated Metallized Polypropylene reference grade audio capacitors
Power tubes upgrade:
Psvane EL34PH matched quad.
We source the top quality tubes from the manufacturer directly. The tubes would be tested by us in an actual amplifier to meet the highest quality. $480 with 12-month warranty from Woo Audio.
Driver tubes upgrade:
Sophia 6SL7 grade A matched quad. $400
Sohpia's latest 6SL7 sounds faithful and looks aesthetically pleasing. It's silky, extended tremble, open mid-range, deep soundstage.
Rectifier tubes upgrade:
Mullard, GE Branded GZ34 NOS matched pair, U.S. made. $400
These highy regarded rectifiers offer exceptional depth, full body, warm mid-range, fast attack, and reveal fine details in the music.